Friday, January 4, 2008

365 and a la sound of music... MY FAVORITE THINGS!!

First off .... lets do 2 days of 365... of course I couldn't chose between the two...so I posted both.



Jan 3.


I WAS SO TIRED when I took this picture. I just came home from a LONG day and I had to help my mom with her computer. I look 1/2 awake. I can't believe the picture turned out this well ... nor can I believe i am posting it. lol











Okay I look horrid - but will you LOOK at the Puggy picy?! CUTENESS!

Jan 4
Had to post something that happens all the time when I work.... laptop on lap, puggy right next to me and OH what is this? PUGGY putting her face into something she shouldn't be. LOL





This last one is begging to be scrapped! So doing it...




Now onto something I like to call MY FAVORITE THINGS a la Sound of Music ... not Oprah. even though I will be stealing some of my favorite things from Oprah... but I am going with the THEME... here are the lyrics....

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with stringsThese are a few of my favorite thingsCream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels Door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodlesWild geese that fly with the moon on their wingsThese are a few of my favorite thingsGirls in white dresses with blue satin sashesSnowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes Silver white winters that melt into SpringsThese are a few of my favorite thingsWhen the dog bitesWhen the bee stingsWhen I'm feeling sadI simply remember my favorite thingsAnd then I don't feel so bad.Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with stringsThese are a few of my favorite thingsCream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels Door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodlesWild geese that fly with the moon on their wingsThese are a few of my favorite thingsGirls in white dresses with blue satin sashesSnowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes Silver white winters that melt into SpringsThese are a few of my favorite thingsWhen the dog bitesWhen the bee stings When I'm feeling sadI simply remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad.


SO WHAT ARE THEY?

1) I am not a greenie... but these were really cool.
Smart Power Strip, which retails for $32.95. when you turn off the power strip, all the items plugged into it will also power down - normal strips do NOT. Something I didn't know!
2) Hate junk mail? GreendimesA group that reduces junk mail and plants trees. For more information or to sign up, visit www.greendimes.com.
3) Amy Butler Designs - Midwest Modern Artist. I am totally getting her book. In Stitches http://www.amybutlerdesign.expressfulfillment.com/ProductSpec.asp?PRODUCTID=1403 She has been featured in my BluePrint magazine and Country Living( another magazine that I am NOW addicted to). The Sew IT Kit also looks pretty uber cool too. Also I adore her fabrics. Very Liberty of London /William Morris-ish in my opinion. Now if I could just FIND a place that sells them locally.
4) http://www.theneedleshop.net OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THIS STORE! Omg they have some really cool sewing classes....also... they have Upholstery Basics—Beginner Classes!!! *does happy dance* Only thing is ... it doesn't seem like they have a PHONE NUMBER. gerr. Also it looks like the first time for a beginning sewing class won't be till February. Also all the upholstery glasses and other uber cool classes are during the week... hence that means me taking a day off.

Anyways... tomorrow I am going to 3 MOVIES. 1) Alvin and the chipmunks 2) The Water Horse and 3 Sweeney/Juno or National Treasure. lol.

Hugs all! Nan and Aine



No comments:

Fun Royalty Blog